Thursday 12 May 2016

The Stone Barn {Richard and Katie}



"We waited until we arrived at our next stop (we're Bali/Lombok) with cocktail firmly in hand - coral cocktail no less - before settling down to see these. 

We're pleased to say we're completely thrilled with them, you've captured the day beautifully and we love the style of the photos. 

Thanks so much - the day's starting to feel like a hazy memory already so these photos are so important. It's also great to see views of the wedding that we had no idea about 😀. "

Katie & Rich







I was really looking forward to this wedding, and it didn't disappoint.  I first met Richard and Katie in London. I was on route to a Nine Dots party, a gathering where wedding photographers get together to let their hair down before the season gets into full swing. Cocktails flow and the cameras come out as does the limbo dancing and Michael Jackson dance offs.  It all sounds a bit crazy but when your social life is condensed into two weekends a year believe me it's needed!

But first I headed to Kingscross, briefly paused at platform 9 3/4 and then went to my meeting in the hotel around the corner. Katie and Richard turned up minutes later straight from work and we got to chatting about the wedding. " we're not really having anything apart from a giant glitter ball! "
they said....well that had me sold.  I mean really, what else do you need.

I love a wedding with a DIY element like this one, where everyone chips in...Richards' Mum did the flowers and Katie and the guests made the cakes. Cakes were a big feature. Katie sent out a "if anyone wants to make a cake..." shout out and the response was seriously impressive. Every flavor imaginable covered the cake table. Homemade bunting adorned the Stone Barn, which is pretty awesome just as it stands, but Katie's handy work gave it a great festival edge.

When you arrive for the preparations and the bride is up to her elbows in buttercream you know it's going to be a cool wedding.  Samantha Davis make-up and Updoo were busy making everyone look like a million dollars and the morning was really chilled and relaxed.

Part of my job is identifying with personalities the ultimate goal being to get the real story across in a collection of images.  I love these pictures, carefree, happy, fun and bright, just like Katie and Richard.  With very little input from me, after all I just take the pictures :-)

Best told in pictures, a little preview of the awesome Katie and Richard.....


































































 
















































So a massive congratulations to Katie and Richard..they rocked their wedding.

If you are getting married at the Stone Barn, and would like me to photograph your wedding then please feel free to drop me a note...HERE .

I am fully booked for 2016.



....


No comments:

Post a Comment